This is the dish Vanessa brought to the Hot Luck party – rolled up and cut into bite-sizes.Â It wasÂ one of my favorite dishes!
- 1/4 cupsugar
- 1/4 cupcreamy peanut butter (i used chunky)
- 3 tblspsoy sauce
- 3 tblspwater
- 2 tblspcooking oil
- 1 tspminced garlic
- 1/2 tspgarlic salt
- 1/2 tsppepper
- 12 ozskinless, boneless chicken breast strips for stir frying
- 1 tblspcooking oil
- 4 cupspackaged shredded broccoli (broccoli slaw mix)
- 1med onion
- 1 tspgrated fresh ginger
Makes 6 servings.
1. For peanut sauce, in a small saucepan combine sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, water, 2 tbsp cooking oil, and garlic. Heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. Set Aside.
2. Wrap tortillas in foil. Bake in a 350 degree oven about 10 minutes or until heated and softened. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl combine garlic salt and pepper. Add chicken, tossing to coat evenly.
3. In a large skillet heat the tblsp of oil. Cook and stir seasoned chicken in hot oil over medium high heat for 2 – 3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from the skillet; keep warm. Add Broccoli, onion, and ginger to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 – 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. Remove from heat.
4. To assemble, spread each tortilla with about 1 tblsp of the peanut sauce. Top with chicken and vegetable mix. Roll up each tortilla, securing with toothpick. Serve immediately with remaining sauce.